Summer rainfall is experienced in most regions of South Africa; make the most of the rain by saving it in water tanks and/or using it instead of municipal or borehole water. Here are a few ideas to save water and money this summer in South Africa.
- Install a rainwater tank or even an underground water tank.
- It is the growing season in Summer and plants typically need more water than during winter; store your rainwater in water tanks for those dry, hot spells between rains.
- In many parts of South Africa, we can harvest far more rainwater than we can use right away (assuming a big roof area and multiple large water storage tanks); store this water in above ground water tanks or underground water tanks for the dry winter months – can be used for garden/lawn irrigation.
- Top up your swimming pool with rain water. The rainwater can come from stored water in your rainwater tank or simply directly from your roof via a temporary gutter/pipe.
- Use rainwater for irrigation – plants respond well to rainwater when compared with chemical-laden municipal water. This will reduce water bills too.
- Use grey water for irrigating plants. Grey water is used bath & shower water, laundry water and kitchen water. If laundry water is used, ensure that eco-friendly, phosphate-free detergents are used. Grey water contains nutrients which plants need so this could even reduce the amount of fertilizer you need to apply. One thing to remember with greywater is that it should never be stored in a drum or water tank for more than 24 hours – potentially harmful bacteria and other pathogens could begin to multiply. At low levels, these micro-organisms are not usually dangerous and are quickly neutralised when they reach the soil.
- When irrigating, do it at night or alternatively, early morning or late afternoon; this will result in less water being lost to evaporation on hot days.
- All the usual other household saving tips should be remembered and children on holiday from school should be reminded of these too.
Water conservation is not only good for the environment but saves money on water bills too. South Africa still has relatively cheap water but as infrastructure needs repairing/upgrading and as demand increases, water tariffs are set to rise exponentially in the coming years.
Click on the links below to view the various water tanks, chemical tanks, septic tanks, conservancy tanks, underground tanks, tank stands and other high quality products manufactured by JoJo Tanks in South Africa.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 8-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!