Buying and installing a plastic water tank (or water tanks) at a home or business is a wise decision, especially in water scarce South Africa.
Here are 10 reasons why installing a water tank is an excellent idea:
- A back-up water supply from your existing water source stored in water tanks (whether that be municipal, borehole or from other sources) ensures that there will be water during power supply cuts or other disruptions.
- Rainwater can be harvested off rooftops and stored in rainwater tanks – also as a back-up water supply or to supplement your existing water supply. This saves money on your water bills!
- Rain water tanks on a property help to ensure a degree of self-sufficiency – important where municipal water supplies are unreliable or of suspect quality or both.
- Rainwater in rainwater tanks can be stored and used on lawns and gardens during the dry season – even if water restrictions are in place, your rainwater will be free from these restrictions and your garden will flourish (rainwater has also been shown to be far better for plants than chemical-laden municipal water).
- Filling swimming pools can be a costly exercise and may be frowned upon in a water scarce country. Rainwater harvested and stored in water tanks can be used for this purpose – for free!
- Water scarce nations such as South Africa and Australia are often plagued by bush fires during the dry season; have a few water tanks on the property could be a lifesaver for fighting fires.
- Water tanks, neatly and correctly installed, will always increase the value of the property – whether it is a residential or business property.
- Filtered rainwater is arguably is arguably the best water to drink; especially when compared to municipal water that not only smells and tastes unpleasant but may contain chemicals such as chlorine which could be detrimental to human and animal health over the long term. Use the rainwater from your rainwater tanks for drinking only if appropriately filtered (in case it has been contaminated by debris on the roof and in the gutters).
- Bathing or showering in rainwater is a much more pleasant experience than using municipal water. Many who bath in rainwater notice that their skin and hair is much healthier.
- Rainwater harvesting reduces stormwater runoff in urban areas and thus reduces stream bank erosion and pollution of local water courses. Do your bit for the environment and install a rain water tank!
JoJo Tanks in South Africa manufacture superb quality polyethylene water tanks that are made from virgin, food-grade material and are suitable for storing potable water supplies. Click on the links below to view the wide range of JoJo water tanks, JoJo rainwater tanks, JoJo tank stands, JoJo septic tanks, JoJo silo tanks and other high quality JoJo Tanks products.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)
Live in the USA and need rainwater harvesting equipment? Click HERE!