Plastic or polyethylene water tank prices can vary widely but, as is the case with so many things, when it comes to water tanks, ‘you get what you pay for’, although not always.
Poly water tank prices can be affected by the following factors:
- The price of water tanks can be affected by the number of players in the retail chain; if a factory is able to sell directly to the public, prices should be lower. But if there is a long line of agents, distributors, regional retailers and local retailers before the tank reaches the customer, the price can be artificially high.
- Market supply and demand is obviously another factor affecting prices of plastic water tanks – retailers will compare their prices with other retailers, within brands and between brands of water tanks.
- Local characteristics of the town/city where the tanks are being sold can also affect price, i.e. distance from the water tank factory/distributor, local demand, affluence and competition between retailers.
- The number of different poly water tank brands available in an area can influence the price of water tanks – more choice for the consumer means that each brand needs to be more competitively priced.
- Quality – many plastic water tank brands look very similar superficially but there are things like wall thickness, type of polyethylene, quality of raw materials, extra fittings, reinforcement/strengthening design, inner coatings or linings and other build characteristics that can affect the input costs which affect the quality and price of the final product.
- The type of moulding process used to manufacture the plastic water tanks can also affect price. Rotational moulding equipment is expensive but the resulting water tanks are seamless and less prone to crack/split. Water tanks made in two-piece moulds can be cheaper but may not last long.
- Guaranties or warranties supplied with tanks are usually calculated into the price of the water tank. A higher quality and more costly poly water tank may carry a long warranty whereas the cheaper poly water tanks are sold without any form or guaranty or warranty. The consumer can ultimately decide but it is false economy buying cheap plastic water tanks that may not last long and have design/manufacturing defects.
- Brand names and ‘no-name brands’ also affect the price of water tanks. Well-established water tank brands can quite rightly place a small premium on their products – all their research and development, local employment opportunities, market trust all need to be taken into account. No-name brands are often poor imitations and may even contravene intellectual property rights of established brands.
There are many more factors that influence the price of plastic water tanks, with variations according to country and local factors.
In South Africa, JoJo Tanks have been manufacturing rotational-moulded polyethylene water tanks for more than 30 years and all JoJo vertical and horizontal water tanks carry an 8-year warranty. JoJo water tanks are lined with an FDA-approved inner black lining that inhibits algae growth and keeps water fresher for longer (and all the raw materials are locally sourced and are of food-grade quality). We at Rainharvest market and sell JoJo Tanks products directly from JoJo Tanks depots around the country and can thus offer very competitive prices, especially where more than one tank is ordered.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)
Live in the USA and need rainwater harvesting equipment? Click HERE!