When choosing a water tank, having decided on the capacity and type, one is faced with choices relating to the type of material used to construct the water tank as well as brand.
Here are 6 quick reasons why polyethylene or ‘plastic’ water tanks are almost always the best choice:
- Generally, poly water tanks are less expensive than fibreglass or steel water tanks
- Poly water tanks are light in weight making them easy to transport, manoeuvre and install
- Good quality plastic water tanks that are made using the rotational moulding process do not have seams and are less likely to split or crack (whereas steel water tanks inevitably have at least 3 seams or joins)
- Polyethylene is resistant to a wide range of chemicals and will not corrode or rust like steel water tanks will (even stainless steel water tanks can be subject to corrosion in certain circumstances)
- Plastic water tanks are also generally available in a wider range of sizes, types and shapes compared to fibreglass or steel tanks
- Most poly water tank manufacturers offer tanks in a variety of colours, unlike steel water tanks
When choosing poly or plastic water tanks, ensure that the manufacturer offers a warranty or guaranty and avoid cheap, no-name brand tanks that may not even last a year. In South Africa, Jojo Tanks offer an 8-year warranty on all their vertical and horizontal water tanks. Another excellent feature of JoJo water tanks is their inner black lining (made from FDA-approve, food-grade material) that inhibits algae growth and keeps stored water fresher for longer. JoJo water tanks are also UV-protected ensuring that the tanks do not fade or crack under harsh African conditions.
Click on the links below to view the wide range of JoJo water tanks and other high quality JoJo Tanks products available in South Africa.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)
Live in the USA and need rainwater harvesting equipment? Click HERE!