Having decided that you need one or more water tanks, now you need to choose between the various brands, types and sizes of water tanks available.
In South Africa, polyethylene (or ‘plastic’) water tanks are very popular – more so than steel water tanks; here are some reasons why:
- A good quality poly or plastic water tank is generally still less expensive than a fair quality mild steel water tank and much less than a stainless steel water tank.
- Poly water tanks weigh less and are easier to load, transport and offload when compared to heavy steel water tanks.
- Poly water tanks are also easier to manoeuvre and install compared to steel water tanks (for example a 5000 litre plastic tank can be rolled and placed by a single person while a steel 5000 litre steel tank would probably require the manpower of two or three people.
- Plastic tanks do not suffer from corrosion or rust like steel tanks do (even stainless steel tanks can corrode along weld seams, depending on the quality of water being stored in the tank).
- In South Africa, polyethylene water tanks are available in many more sizes and types than steel water tanks – you are far more likely to find the right plastic tank specific to your requirements than a steel tank.
- Rotational-moulded plastic tanks do not have seams which a weak point; steel tanks inevitably have welded or melded joints/seams – these can crack, corrode or burst if impacted.
In South Africa, we recommend polyethylene water tanks made by JoJo Tanks. JoJo Tanks vertical and horizontal poly tanks carry an 8-year guarantee and are rotational-moulded and have an FDA-approved black inner lining to inhibit algae growth. Click on the links below to view the wide range of JoJo water tanks, JoJo rain water tanks, JoJo septic tanks, JoJo silo tanks, JoJo steel tank stands and other high quality JoJo Tanks products available in South Africa.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)
Live in the USA and need rainwater harvesting equipment? Click HERE!