Greenwashing is defined as the act of misleading consumers about the environmental practices of a company or the environmental benefits of a product or service.
The 7 Sins to watch out for are:
1. ‘Sin’ of HIDDEN TRADE: whereby a product suggests it’s ‘green’ based on a narrow set of attributes.
2. ‘Sin’ of VAGUENESS: claim/s poorly defined or broad and the real meaning is very likely to be misunderstood.
3. ‘Sin’ of NO PROOF: an environmental claim that cannot be substantiated by easily accessible supporting information.
4. ‘Sin’ of IRRELEVANCE: claim that would be truthful, butis unhelpful or unimportant.
5. ‘Sin’ of LESSER OF 2 EVILS: claims that might be true within a products category, but distract from bigger environmental issues.
6. ‘Sin’ of FIBBING: claims that are simply false.
7. ‘Sin’ of WORSHIPPING FALSE LABELS: impression of 3rd party endorsement where no such endorsement exists.
Source: Simply Green Vol4 #1 (referencing www.terrachoice.com)
Water Rhapsody Water Conservation Systems and Yes Solar Mpumalanga offer eco-friendly rainwater collection systems, rainwater tanks, grey water recycling, swimming pool backwash recycling, water-saving toilet flush mechanisms and high quality Solsquare solar water geysers.
Contact us for a FREE QUOTE on a solar water heater, rainwater harvesting system (see rainwater FAQ), gray water recycling system or water tank (we are authorized South African JoJo Water Tanks dealers and supply the full range of JoJo water tanks and JoJo tank stands). Our water tank prices are hard to beat in the Mpumalanga & Limpopo Lowveld.
Water conservation and renewable energy such as solar energy are two issues that affect the global community; make a difference and start conserving water and switch to renewable energy today. Another way of reducing your carbon footprint is to switch to green insurance, now available in South Africa.